CWXSP: Estimated number of actively employed workers at underground mines, number of miners examined, and number of miners with coal workers' pneumoconiosis, 1995-2009
MSHA - Mine Safety and Health AdministrationCWP - coal workers' pneumoconiosis
- indicates less than 5 miners examined or with CWP.
Note: The average number employed during the period, based upon quarterly reports by coal mine operators to the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA). Because of hiring and layoffs, the total number of individuals who worked at underground mines in any period may exceed the average employment. See Appendix for source description and methods.
Source: Coal workers' pneumoconiosis data from NIOSH Coal Workers’ X-ray Surveillance Program (CWXSP). Coal mining district codes from MSHA.
Reference Number: 2011-570
Date Posted: May 2011
- Page last reviewed: May 1, 2011
- Page last updated: May 1, 2011
- Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Page maintained by: Respiratory Health Division (RHD), Surveillance Branch