Pneumoconiotic agents: Percent of exposures exceeding designated occupational exposure limits by MSHA coal mine district and states, MSHA inspector and mine operator samples, 1979-2003
- indicates incalculable field. PEL - permissible exposure limit REL - recommended exposure limit MSHA
Note: The NIOSH REL for respirable coal mine dust of 1.0 mg/m3 was adopted in September 1995. The MSHA respirable coal mine quartz exposure data and the NIOSH REL for respirable quartz cannot be compared to each other because they are based on different sampli
Source: MSHA coal mine inspector and mine operator dust and quartz data.
NIOSH 2008. Work-Related Lung Disease Surveillance System (eWoRLD). 2008-504 U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Respiratory Health Division, Morgantown, WV. Available at: <http://wwwn.cdc.gov/eworld/Data/504> October 26, 2016.
Reference Number: 2008-504
Date Posted: June 2008
- Page last reviewed: June 1, 2008
- Page last updated: June 1, 2008
- Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Page maintained by: Respiratory Health Division (RHD), Surveillance Branch