Respirable quartz: Geometric mean exposures and percent exceeding designated occupational exposure limits by MSHA metal/nonmetal mine district and state, MSHA samples, 1979-2003
- indicates incalculable field. PEL - permissible exposure limit REL - recommended exposure limit GM
Note: For metal/nonmetal mining, the MSHA PEL is [(10 mg/m3) / (% quartz+2)] for respirable dust containing at least 1 percent quartz. The NIOSH REL is 0.05 mg/m3. See appendices for source description and methods.
Source: MSHA metal/nonmetal mine data.
Reference Number: 2008-203
Date Posted: June 2008
- Page last reviewed: June 1, 2008
- Page last updated: June 1, 2008
- Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Page maintained by: Respiratory Health Division (RHD), Surveillance Branch