Respirable quartz: Geometric mean exposures and percent exceeding designated occupational exposure limits in coal mining, MSHA inspector and mine operator samples, 1982-2003
- incalculable SIC - Standard Industrial Classification PEL - permissible exposure limit REL - recomm
Note: The MSHA PEL is 2 mg/m3 MRE for respirable dust containing less than or equal to 5 percent quartz. The PEL is adjusted using the formula [(10 mg/m3 MRE) / (% quartz)] for respirable dust containing greater than 5 percent quartz. See appendices for sourc
Source: MSHA coal mine inspector and mine operator quartz data.
NIOSH 2008. Work-Related Lung Disease Surveillance System (eWoRLD). 2008-304 U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Respiratory Health Division, Morgantown, WV. Available at: <http://wwwn.cdc.gov/eworld/Data/304> October 24, 2016.
Reference Number: 2008-304
Date Posted: June 2008
- Page last reviewed: June 1, 2008
- Page last updated: June 1, 2008
- Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Page maintained by: Respiratory Health Division (RHD), Surveillance Branch