- Houliston DC, Boyd CM, Nicholas DS, Smith JA. Personal Performance Profiles: A Useful Adjunct to Quality Assurance in Cervical Cytology.
- Hurst J, Nickel K, Hilborne LH. Are Physicians' Office Laboratory Results of Comparable Quality to Those Produced in other Laboratory Settings?
- Lunz ME, Harmening D, Castleberry BM. Effects of Reducing Staff in the Laboratory on Task Responsibilities, Job Satisfaction, and Wages. Lab Med. 1998;29:341-345.
- Shahangian S. Proficiency Testing in Laboratory Medicine: Uses and Limitations. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1998;122:15-30.
- Astion ML, Wener MH, Hutchinson K, Olsen GB, Orkand AR, Pagliaro LJ. A Computer Program That Periodically Monitors the Ability to Interpret the Antinuclear Antibody Test. Clin Chem. 1996;42:836-840.
- Krolak, J. M. and O'Conner, A. E. Proceedings of the 1995 Institute on Critical Issues in Health Laboratory Practice: Frontiers in Laboratory Practice Research. Krolak, J. M. and O'Conner, A. E. 1335-1377. 1996.
Ref Type: Conference Proceeding/Presentation
- Peddecord KM. A Critical Review of Personnel Standards. Clin Chem. 1996;42:790-796.
- Gore MJ. Personnel Licensure: Making Slow Inroads. Med Lab Obs. 1995;27:24-28.
- LaBeau KM. Laboratory Testing in Previously Unregulated Laboratories: Washington State's Experience. Lab Med. 1995;28:64-69.
- Lamb LS, Parrish RS, Goran SF, Biel MH. Current Nursing Practice of Point-of-Care Laboratory Diagnostic Testing in Critical Care Units. Am J Critical Care. 1995;4:429-434.
- Mark HF, Kelly T, Watson MS, Hoeltge G, Miller WA, Beauregard L. Current Issues of Personnel and Laboratory Practices in Genetic Testing. J Med Genetics. 1995;32:780-786.
- Nanji AA, Poon R, Hinberg I. Quality of Laboratory Test Results Obtained by Non-technical Personnel in a Decentralized Setting. Am J Clin
- Bickford GR. Decentralized Testing in the 1990s. A Survey of United States Hospitals. Clin Lab Med. 1994;14:623-645.
- Passey RB. Is CLIA Understood by Clinical Laboratorians? Med Lab Obs. 1994;1:54-59.
- Peddecord, K. M. Clinical Laboratory Proficiency Test Performance: Its Relationship to Environmental, Structural and Process Variables. 1978. Austin,TX: University of Texas. 1978.
Ref Type: Thesis/Dissertation
- Ploetz P. A Rural Lab's Response to CLIA's Personnel Standards: Clinical Laboratories Improvement Act of 1988. Med Lab
- Bachner P, Hamlin W. Federal Regulation of Clinical Laboratories and the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988--Part I. Clin in Lab Med. 1993;13:739-752; discussion 737-738.
- Best ML. The Impact of Regulatory Changes on Medical Technology. Am J Clin
- Hammond HC. Laboratory Staff Qualifications and Accuracy of Proficiency Test Results. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1993;117:677
- Hancock JS, Taylor RN, Johnson CA, Gerber AR, Schalla WO. Quality of Laboratory Performance in Testing for Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 Antibody. Identification of Variables Associated with Laboratory Performance. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1993;117:1148-1155.
- Jones BA, Bachner P, Howanitz PJ. Bedside Glucose Monitoring. A College of American Pathologists Q-Probes Study of the Program Characteristics and Performance in 605 Institutions. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1993;117:1080-1087.
- Lunz ME. Proficiency Testing Accuracy and Personnel Qualifications. Where is the Rest of the Data? Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1993;117:678-678.
- Peddecord KM. Proficiency Testing Accuracy and Personnel Qualifications. Where is the Rest of the Data? Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1993;117:678-678.
- Boone DJ. Literature Review of Research Related to the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1992;116:681-693.
- Hansen JE. Participant Responses to Blood Gas Proficiency Testing Reports. Chest 1992;101:1240-1244.
- Hilborne LH. Piecing Together the Quality Puzzle: Laboratory Medicine's Role in Medical Practice. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1992;116:815-816.
- Lunz ME, Castleberry BM, James K. Laboratory Staff Qualifications and Accuracy of Proficiency Test Results: A National Study. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1992;116:820-824.
- Passey RB. How to Meet the New Personnel Requirements While Continuing to Operate Your Laboratory. Med Lab
- Snyder JR, Jahn M. Technician or Technologist? Sorting Out Overlapping Roles in the Laboratory. Med Lab
- Voldish K. Personnel Record Keeping Requirements for CLIA-88 . New Jersey Med. 1992;89:371-372.
- Wojciechowskie J. Self-esteem, Recognition, Visibility of Laboratory Professionals. Lab Med. 1992;23:57-58.
- Gerber AR, Valdiserri RO, Johnson CA, Schwartz RE, Hancock JS, Hearn TL. Quality of Laboratory Performance in Testing for Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 Antibody: Variables Associated in Multivariate Analyses. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1991;115:1091-1096.
- Wilson J, Lewis WB. Correlation of Environmental, Personnel and Regulatory Variables with Proficiency Testing. Clin Lab
- Bain OF, Brown KD, Sacher RA, Mcpherson RA. A Hospital-Wide Blind Control Program for Bedside Glucose Meters. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1989;113:1370-1375.
- Karni K, Feickert JD. Occupational Reinforcers for Medical Technologists in Clinical Laboratories - 1966-1987. Clin Lab
- Peddecord KM. A Regulatory Model for Clinical Laboratories: An Empirical Evaluation. Clin Chem. 1989;35:691-700.
- Rudmann SV. Quality Assurance: A Quantifiable Improvement in Patient Care. Clin Lab Rev. 1989;2:27-31.
- Bloch MJ, Cembrowski GS, Lembesis GJ. Longitudinal Study of Error Prevalence in Pennsylvania Physicians' Office Laboratories . JAMA 1988;260:230-235.
- Hammond HC. Federal Regulation of Clinical Laboratories: A Prospective Public Policy Analysis. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1988;112:363-367.
- Howanitz PJ. Use of Proficiency Test Performance to Determine Clinical Laboratory Director Qualifications. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1988;112:349-353.
- Jones NM. Attrition Rates, Self-esteem, Self-actualization in Medical Technologists and Medical Technicians. Clin Lab
- Lunz ME, Castleberry BM, James K, Stahl J. The Quality of Laboratory Staff and the Accuracy of Results.
- Martin BG, Reyes EL. The Low Image of MTs as Professionals: Reason and Solutions. Med Lab
- Nanji AA, Poon R, Hinberg I. A Physician Office Analyzer. Evaluation of Quality of Results Obtained by Technical and Nontechnical Personnel. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1988;112:242-244.
- Peddecord KM. Impact of the Quality of Laboratory Staff on the Accuracy of Laboratory Results .
- Ting C, Nanji AA. Evaluation of the Quality of Bedside Monitoring of the Blood Glucose Level in a Teaching Hospital.
- Kenney ML. Laboratory Performance and Director Qualifications. Clin Chem. 1987;33:725-738.
- Kenney ML. Laboratory Performance and Regulatory Requirements. Clin Chem. 1987;33:1087-1102.
- Lunz ME, Castleberry BM, James K, Stahl J. The Impact of the Quality of Laboratory Staff on the Accuracy of Laboratory Results.
- Plott AE, Martin FJ, Cheek SW, Yobs AR, Wood RJ. Measuring Screening Skills in Gynecologic Cytology: Results of Voluntary Self-Assessment. Acta
- Crawley R, Belsey R, Brock D, Baer DM. Regulation of Physicians' Office Laboratories: The Idaho Experience. JAMA 1986;255:374-382.
- Murray T, Gasiewski J. Performance Compared by Shift. Lab Med. 1985;16:234-236.
- Spencer CT, Halinski RS, Kasa RM. Statistical Analysis of the Impact of Selected Variables on the Job Satisfaction of Medical Technologists. J Med Technol. 1985;2:404-408.
- Kenney, M. L. Laboratory Quality and Director Qualifications: An Empirical Assessment of the Medicare Requirement that Directors of Independent Clinical Laboratories Possess Earned Doctorates. 1984. Berkeley, Calif: University of California. 1984.
Ref Type: Thesis/Dissertation
- Peddecord, K. M. and Taylor, R. N. Evaluation of Laboratory Quality Assurance Activities: Final Report. Grant Number HSO4767. 1983. Washington, DC, Department of Health and Human Services.
Ref Type: Report
- Smith JH. Laboratory Staff and Nurses' Performance Compared When Using the Blood Glucose Reflotest-Reflomat System. Med Lab Sciences. 1983;40:283-285.
- Whitlow KJ, Campbell DJ. Assessment of Technologist Workload as a Factor in Quality of Laboratory Performance. Am J Clin Pathol. 1983;79:609-610.
- Evaluation of the Impact of Mandatory Regulations on Clinical Laboratory Performance: Final Report. 1982. Atlanta, Ga: Centers for Disease Control, Orkand Corporation.
Ref Type: Report
- Griffin P, Klun CL. Laboratory Stress: What Causes It? Am J Med Technol. 1980;46:490-494.
- Peddecord KM, Cada RL. Clinical Laboratory Proficiency Test Performance: Its Relationship to Structural, Process and Environmental Variables. Am J Clin Pathol. 1980;73:380-385.
- La Motte LC. The Issue of Quality of Personnel. Am J Med Technol. 1979;47:971-972.
- Schoon, C. G., Kaley, M., and Stern, I. Correlation of Performance on Clinical Laboratory Proficiency Examinations with Performance in Clinical Laboratory Practice. Contract #HRA-231-77-0118., 1-97. 1979. Dept. of Health, Education and Welfare.
Ref Type: Report
- Cada RL, West DK. Quality Assurance Practice in Rural and Urban Hospital Clinical Laboratories. Health Lab Science 1978;15:112-120.
- Forney, J. E., Blumberg, J. M., Brooke, M. M., and et al. Laboratory Evaluation and Certification. Inhorn SL, ed. 127-171. 1978. Washington, DC, American Public Health Association. Quality Assurance Practices for Health Laboratories.
Ref Type: Report
- Oliver RE. Interpersonal Values and Job Satisfaction of Medical Technologists. Am J Med Technol. 1978;44:855-858.
- Stamps PL, Piedmont EB, Slavitt DB, Haase AM. Measurement of Work Satisfaction Among Health Professionals. Med.Care 1978;16:337-352.
- Love JE. A Study of the Relationships Between Perceived Organizational Stratification, and Individual Job Satisfaction and Adaptiveness in Hospital Laboratories. Am J Med Technol. 1977;43:1135-1143.
- Matteson M, Ivancevich J, McMahon JT. Individual Need Satisfaction, Organizational Practices, and Job Satisfaction Among Laboratory Professionals. Am J Med Technol. 1977;43:751-757.
- Lawton HL, Brownfield RL. The Number of Personnel Needed to Perform Examinations. Health Lab Science. 1976;13:118-120.
- McMahon JT, Ivancevich J, Matteson M. A Comparative Analysis of the Relationship Between Organizational Climate and Job Satisfaction of Medical Technologists. Am J Med Technol. 1976;43:15-19.
- Reynolds S, Love BF, Krall JM. Job Analysis in the Clinical Laboratory. Am J Med Technol. 1976;42:50-55.
- Eilers RJ. Quality Assurance in Health Care: Missions, Goals, Activities. Clin Chem. 1975;21:1357-1367.
- Merritt ML, McHugh RB, Kimball AC, Bauer H. A Two-Year Study of Clinical Chemistry Determinations in Minnesota Hospitals. Minn Med. 1965;48:949-956.
- Cross KR. The Laboratory: Personnel, Controls and Some Procedures. J Iowa Med Soc. 1962;52:723-728.
This page last reviewed: 7/12/2004