- Dominiczak MH. Teaching and Training Laboratory Professionals for the 21st Century. Clin Chem and Lab Med. 1998;36:133-136.
- Bates I, Adarkwa M, Bedu-Addo G, Rumble R. How to Hone Hematology Skills. World Health Forum. 1997;18:355-358.
- 1986 Institute on Critical Issues in Health Laboratory Practice: Internal Measurement of the Quality, Utility, and Cost of Laboratory Test Results - Workgroup Report. Inhorn, S. L. and Addison, B. V. 1997. Minneapolis, Minn., Dupont Press.
Ref Type: Report
- Rosner E, Willis V, Lambert R, Latzanich G, Ponsell P. CD4+ T-cell Testing Practices as Implications for Training. Cytometry. 1997;30:181-185.
- George KA. The Right Way: Staff Training and Competency Assessment. Med Lab Obs. 1996;28:44-47.
- Nanji AA, Poon R, Hinberg I. Quality of Laboratory Test Results Obtained by Non-technical Personnel in a Decentralized Setting. Am J Clin Pathol. 1995;89:797-801.
- Berte LM, Nevalainen DE. Training Verification for Lab Personnel: A New Guide. Med Lab Obs. 1995;27:38-42.
- Kellogg JA. Impact of Variation in Endocervical Specimen Collection and Testing Techniques on Frequency of False-Positive and False- Negative Chlamydia Detection Results. Am J Clin Pathol. 1995;104:554-559.
- Lamb LS. Responsibilities in Point-of-Care Testing: An Institutional Perspective. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1995;119:886-889.
- Peddecord, K. M. Clinical Laboratory Proficiency Test Performance: Its Relationship to Environmental, Structural and Process Variables. 1978. Austin,TX: University of Texas. 1978.
Ref Type: Thesis/Dissertation
- Passey RB. Is CLIA Understood by Clinical Laboratorians? Med Lab Obs. 1994;1:54-59.
- Allred TJ, Steiner L. Alternate-site testing.Consider the Analyst. Clin in Lab Med. 1994;14:569-604.
- Training Verification for Laboratory Personnel; Proposed Guideline. NCCLS Document GP21-P(14), 19-19. 1994. Villanova, PA, National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards.
Ref Type: Report
- Jones BA, Bachner P, Howanitz PJ. Bedside Glucose Monitoring. A College of American Pathologists Q-Probes Study of the Program Characteristics and Performance in 605 Institutions. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1993;117:1080-1087.
- Bosau AM, Rutledge GM. A New Approach to In-House Training Using CEUs. Quality Assurance. 1993;2:180-182.
- Schalla WO, Blumer SO, Cooper LA, Fehd RJ, Hearn TL, Collins CL. Testing Practices of Laboratories That Test for HIV infection: Identification of Trends in the Testing Process. (Abstract) 1993;(Abstract)
- Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA). Allied Health Education Directory, Chicago, IL 60610: American Medical Association, 1993:
- Nevalainen, D. E. and Berte, L. M. Training, Verification and Assessment: Keys to Quality Management. (1). 1993.
Ref Type: Report
- Snyder JR. Manpower Needs in the Year 2000: Medical Technology Education. Lab Med. 1992;23:416-419.
- Estry D, Gardner P, Nixon D. Factors Affecting Laboratory Turnover and Recruitment: The 1989 ASMT National Personnel Survey with Emphasis on Salary Comparisons to 1991 Data. Clin Lab Sci. 1992;5:96-103.
- Fauser J. Accreditation of Allied Health Education: Assessing for Educational Effectiveness. JAMA. 1992;268:1123-1126.
- Ferris DG, Fischer PM. Elementary "School Students" Performance With Two ELISA Test Systems. JAMA. 1992;268:766-770.
- Loschen DJ. The Impact of New Regulations on Laboratory Testing in Physicians' Offices. Clin Chem. 1992;38:1273-1279 discussion 1282-8.
- Meier S, Ehrmeyer S, Laessig R, Woodlief G, Lanphear B, Hassemer D. Performance of the Kodak DT-60 Physician's Office Analyzer as Measured by CLIA-88 Proposed Evaluation
Criteria: Assessment of Demographic and Quality Assurance Factors Influencing Performance. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1992;116:524-530.
- Gerber AR, Valdiserri RO, Johnson CA, Schwartz RE, Hancock JS, Hearn TL. Quality of Laboratory Performance in Testing for Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 Antibody: Variables Associated in Multivariate Analyses. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1991;115:1091-1096.
- Cherney P, Castleberry BM. Survey of Education Programs. Lab Med. 1991;22:484-487.
- Bamberg R, Vaughan DG, Blayney KD. Multiskilled Practitioners in Health-Care Delivery: Current Status and Future Directions. Clin Lab Sci. 1990;3:254-257.
- Hilborne LH, Wenger NS, Oye RK. Physician Performance of Laboratory Tests in Self Service Facilities. JAMA. 1990;264:382-384.
- Voldish K. Physicians' Office Laboratories. New Jersey Med. 1990;87:723-724.
- Snyder JR, Kasper LM, Gartner DJ, Miller JR. Impact of Technology on Clinical Laboratory Manpower. Clin Lab Sci. 1990;3:242-244.
- Nanji AA, Poon R, Hinberg I. A Physician Office Analyzer. Evaluation of Quality of Results Obtained by Technical and Nontechnical Personnel. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1988;112:242-244.
- Ting C, Nanji AA. Evaluation of the Quality of Bedside Monitoring of the Blood Glucose Level in a Teaching Hospital. CMAJ. 1988;138:23-26.
- Fischer PM, Kelly KL, Slate-Filice B. Training and Proficiency of Physicians' Office Personnel with a New Diagnostic Test for Theophylline. J Family Practice. 1988;27:497-501.
- Nanji AA, Poon R, Hinberg I. Physician Office Analyzers. Do They Satisfy Medically Useful Criteria for Analytical Performance of Laboratory Tests? Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1988;112:757-759.
- de Cediel N, Fraser CG, Deom A, Josefsson L, Worth HG, Zinder O. Guidelines (1988) for Training in Clinical Laboratory Management. International Federation of Clinical Chemistry (IFCC)Education Division and International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) Clinical Chemistry Division Commission on Teaching of Clinical Chemistry. Clin.Chim.Acta 1989;185:S4-S15
- Kenney ML. Laboratory Performance and Director Qualifications. Clin Chem. 1987;33:725-738.
- Plott AE, Martin FJ, Cheek SW, Yobs AR, Wood RJ. Measuring Screening Skills in Gynecologic Cytology: Results of Voluntary Self-Assessment. Acta Cytol. 1987;6:911-923.
- Belsey R, Vandenbark M, Goiten RK, Baer DM. Evaluation of a Laboratory System Intended for Use in Physicians' Offices, II: Reliability of Results Produced by Health Care Workers Without Formal or Professional Laboratory Training. JAMA. 1987;258:357-361.
- Miller K. How Rotation Can Help Boost Productivity; Developing Well-Rounded Laboratory Generalists Through a Hands-on Rotation System is One Solution to Less Staff and More Workload. Med Lab Obs. 1987;19:52-55.
- Bowling JM. Laboratory Proficiency Testing in Local Health Departments: A Research Brief. 1986;
- Fischer PM, Addison LA, Koneman EW, Crowley J. Education and the Physician's Office Laboratory. 1986;255:1464-1467.
- Headly DL, Hassler D, Leubbert PP. A Helping Hand From MT to Office Lab Staff; Medical Technologists. Med Lab Obs. 1986;18:35-40.
- Hicks JM, Iosefsohn M. Hemoglobin, Electrolytes, and Other Major Clinical Laboratory Analytes as Measured With a Physician's Office Analyzer, the Kodak DT60. Clin Chem. 1986;32:2201-2203.
- Peddecord KM, Taylor RN. Education, Training and Experience of Supervisory Personnel in Interstate Laboratories. J Med Technol. 1985;2:114-118.
- Peddecord KM, Taylor RN. Education, Training, Professional Certification, and Work Patterns of Directors in Interstate Laboratories. Am J Clin Pathol. 1985;83:480-485.
- Peddecord KM, Taylor RN. Education Training and Experiences of Technical Personnel in Interstate Laboratories. J Med Technol. 1985;2:48-54.
- Peddecord KM, Taylor RN. Education Training and Experiences of Technical Personnel in Interstate Laboratories. J Med Technol. 1985;2:114-118.
- Gaumer GL. Regulating Health Professionals: A Review of the Empirical Literature. Milbank Mem Fund Q Health Soc. 1984;62:380-413.
- Ahrens J. An In-Service Training Program for the Nontechnical Staff. Med Lab Obs. 1984;16:81-83.
- Kenney, M. L. Laboratory Quality and Director Qualifications: An Empirical Assessment of the Medicare Requirement that Directors of Independent Clinical Laboratories Possess Earned Doctorates. 1984. Berkeley, Calif: University of California. 1984.
Ref Type: Thesis/Dissertation
- Drucker RF, Williams D, Price CP. Quality Assessment of Blood Glucose Monitors in Use Outside the Hospital Laboratory. J Clin Pathol 1983;36:948-953.
- Yapit MK. An Experiment in Staff Development. Med Lab Obs. 1983;15:75-78.
- Peddecord, K. M. and Taylor, R. N. Laboratory Personnel Characteristics Among Interstate Laboratories. American Public Health Association Meeting . 11-14-1983. Dallas, TX.
Ref Type: Conference Proceeding/Presentation
- Bamberg R. Educating Clinical Laboratory Scientists in the 1980s: Some Suggestions. Am J Med Technol. 1981;47:259-261.
- Peddecord KM, Cada RL. Clinical Laboratory Proficiency Test Performance: Its Relationship to Structural, Process and Environmental Variables. Am J Clin Pathol. 1980;73:380-385.
- Cada RL, West DK. Quality Assurance Practice in Rural and Urban Hospital Clinical Laboratories. Health Lab Science 1978;15:112-120.
- Forney, J. E., Blumberg, J. M., Brooke, M. M., and et al. Laboratory Evaluation and Certification. Inhorn SL, ed. 127-171. 1978. Washington, DC, American Public Health Association. Quality Assurance Practices for Health Laboratories.
Ref Type: Report
- McBride K. Task Analysis of Medical Technology Administration and Supervision. Amer J Med Technol. 1978;44:688-695.
- Fouty RA, Haggen VE, Sattler JD. Problems, Personnel, and Proficiency of Small Hospital Laboratories. Public Health Reports. 1974;89:408-417.
- Lott JA. Laboratory Personnel: The Most Important Aspect of Quality Control. Lab Personnel. 1974;8:22-25.
- Brooke MM. Quality Clinical Laboratory Services for the American People. Public Health Reports. 1970;85:155-159.
This page last reviewed: 7/12/2004