Welcome to the NIOSH Mining Browser
This tool lets you search the content on NIOSH Mining website by subject.
- Drill down into our content by selecting keywords from the categories under Refine Your Search or typing in to the Keyword quick find box.
- Narrow the results by selecting additional keywords. Notice how the available keywords are reduced as the results are narrowed. The number of pages that match the selected keywords is in brackets.
Tune the search by removing individual keywords listed under Modify Selection or start a new search.
Start search here:
How Keyword quick find works
- The content on the OMSHR website is tagged with the subject keywords defined in the facets to the left.
- The Keyword quick find provides a quick search of those keywords by finding matches to the string typed in.
- In addition the synonyms, or non-preferred terms, are also searched and their matches shown in parentheses after the subject keyword used to tag.
- The number of pages that will result from selecting one of those terms is displayed in brackets after the term.
Quick find result format: Keyword (non-preferred term match) [number of pages resulting]
e.g. Typing in "roof" yields: Bolters (roof bolters)