Cotton dust: Geometric mean exposures and percent exceeding designated occupational exposure limits by OSHA region, state and process, OSHA samples, 1980-2003
- indicates incalculable field. PEL - permissible exposure limit REL - recommended exposure limit GM
Note: The OSHA PEL is 0.2 mg/m3 for yarn manufacturing and cotton washing operations, 0.5 mg/m3 for textile mill waste house operations or for dust from lower grade washed cotton used during yarn manufacturing, 0.75 mg/m3 for textile slashing and weaving operat
Source: OSHA Integrated Management Information System.
NIOSH 2008. Work-Related Lung Disease Surveillance System (eWoRLD). 2008-623 U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Respiratory Health Division, Morgantown, WV. Available at: <https://wwwn.cdc.gov/eworld/Data/623> October 20, 2018.
Reference Number: 2008-623
Date Posted: June 2008
- Page last reviewed: June 1, 2008
- Page last updated: June 1, 2008
- Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Page maintained by: Respiratory Health Division (RHD), Surveillance Branch