NORA mining sector and all pneumoconioses: Most frequently recorded industries and occupations on death certificate, U.S. residents age 15 and over, selected states and years, 1990-1999
NORA - National Occupational Research Agenda CIC - Census Industry Code COC - Census Occupation Code n.e.c. - not elsewhere classified
* The total number of all pneumoconioses deaths was 10,014 in these same selected states and years, and the comparable number of all pneumoconioses deaths in the entire United States for this same time period was 31,455.
Note: Percentages may not total to 100% due to rounding. See selected limitations for general cautions regarding inferences based on small numbers of deaths, and see appendices for source description, methods, ICD codes, industry and occupation codes, industrial sector groupings, and list of selected states and years.
Source: National Center for Health Statistics multiple cause-of-death data.
NIOSH 2008. Work-Related Lung Disease Surveillance System (eWoRLD). 2008-245 U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Respiratory Health Division, Morgantown, WV. Available at: <https://wwwn.cdc.gov/eworld/Data/245> May 27, 2019.
Reference Number: 2008-245
Date Posted: June 2008
- Page last reviewed: June 1, 2008
- Page last updated: June 1, 2008
- Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Page maintained by: Respiratory Health Division (RHD), Surveillance Branch