NORA transportation, warehousing, and utilities sector and pneumonia and influenza: Proportionate mortality ratio (PMR) adjusted for age, sex, and race by occupation, U.S. residents age 15 and over, selected states, 1999
NORA - National Occupational Research Agenda CIC - Census Industry Code COC - Census Occupation Code n.e.c. - not elsewhere classified LCL - lower confidence limit UCL - upper confidence limit
* The total number of pneumonia and influenza deaths was 52,295 in these same selected states and year, and the comparable number of pneumonia and influenza deaths in the entire United States for this same time period was 229,136.
Note: See selected limitations for general cautions regarding inferences based on small numbers of deaths, and see appendices for source description, methods, ICD codes, industry and occupation codes, industrial sector groupings, and list of selected states and years.
Source: National Center for Health Statistics multiple cause-of-death data.
NIOSH 2008. Work-Related Lung Disease Surveillance System (eWoRLD). 2008-334 U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Respiratory Health Division, Morgantown, WV. Available at: <https://wwwn.cdc.gov/eworld/Data/334> May 23, 2018.
Reference Number: 2008-334
Date Posted: June 2008
- Page last reviewed: June 1, 2008
- Page last updated: June 1, 2008
- Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Page maintained by: Respiratory Health Division (RHD), Surveillance Branch