Pneumoconiotic agents: Percent of exposures exceeding designated occupational exposure limits by type of mining, MSHA inspector and mine operator samples, 1979-2003
- indicates incalculable field. SIC - Standard Industrial Classification PEL - permissible exposure limitNote: The NIOSH REL for respirable coal mine dust of 1.0 mg/m3 was adopted in September 1995. The MSHA coal mine quartz exposure data cannot be compared to the NIOSH REL because they are based on different sampling criteria. See appendices for source descript
Source: MSHA metal/nonmetal mine data and coal mine inspector and mine operator dust and quartz data.
NIOSH 2008. Work-Related Lung Disease Surveillance System (eWoRLD). 2008-323 U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Respiratory Health Division, Morgantown, WV. Available at: <https://wwwn.cdc.gov/eworld/Data/323> May 23, 2018.
Reference Number: 2008-323
Date Posted: June 2008
- Page last reviewed: June 1, 2008
- Page last updated: June 1, 2008
- Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Page maintained by: Respiratory Health Division (RHD), Surveillance Branch