Respirable cristobalite: Geometric mean exposures and percent exceeding designated occupational exposure limits, MSHA and OSHA samples, 1979-2003
- indicates incalculable field. PEL - permissible exposure limit REL - recommended exposure limit GM
Note: Before March 1, 1989 and after March 22, 1993, the OSHA PEL is [(5 mg/m3) / (% cristobalite + 2)], for respirable dust containing at least 1 percent cristobalite. From March 1, 1989 to March 22, 1993, the OSHA PEL was 0.05 mg/m3 for respirable cristobali
Source: MSHA metal/nonmetal mine data. OSHA Integrated Management Information System.
NIOSH 2008. Work-Related Lung Disease Surveillance System (eWoRLD). 2008-339 U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Respiratory Health Division, Morgantown, WV. Available at: <https://wwwn.cdc.gov/eworld/Data/339> February 27, 2017.
Reference Number: 2008-339
Date Posted: June 2008
- Page last reviewed: June 1, 2008
- Page last updated: June 1, 2008
- Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Page maintained by: Respiratory Health Division (RHD), Surveillance Branch