Respirable quartz: Geometric mean exposures and percent exceeding designated occupational exposure limits by MSHA metal/nonmetal mine district and state, MSHA samples, 1979-1999
- indicates incalcuable field
PEL - permissible exposure limit REL - recommended exposure limit GM - geometric mean
Note: For metal/nonmetal mining, the MSHA PEL is [(10 mg/m3) / (% quartz+2)] for respirable dust containing at least 1 percent quartz. The NIOSH REL is 0.05 mg/m3. See appendices for source description, methods, and agents.
Source: Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) metal/nonmetal mine data.
NIOSH 2003. Work-Related Lung Disease Surveillance System (eWoRLD). 2003-70 U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Respiratory Health Division, Morgantown, WV. Available at: <https://wwwn.cdc.gov/eworld/Data/70> July 21, 2018.
Reference Number: 2003-70
Date Posted: May 2003
- Page last reviewed: May 1, 2003
- Page last updated: May 1, 2003
- Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Page maintained by: Respiratory Health Division (RHD), Surveillance Branch