Respiratory conditions: Estimated number and rate (based on cases reported by employers, per 10,000 full-time workers) by industry, U.S. private sector, 2003-2004
- indicates no data reported or data that do not meet BLS publication guidelines. NAICS - North American Industry Classification System
Note: In 2003–2004, work-related respiratory illnesses (with days away from work) for transportation and public utilities and wholesale and retail trade were combined. See appendices for source description and method.
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics annual reports of occupational injuries and illnesses.
NIOSH 2008. Work-Related Lung Disease Surveillance System (eWoRLD). 2008-580 U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Respiratory Health Division, Morgantown, WV. Available at: <https://wwwn.cdc.gov/eworld/Data/580> February 23, 2019.
Reference Number: 2008-580
Date Posted: June 2008
- Page last reviewed: June 1, 2008
- Page last updated: June 1, 2008
- Content source: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Page maintained by: Respiratory Health Division (RHD), Surveillance Branch