How to Place an Order
This page explains how users can browse through this public website and order curated isolate panels.
Customers may create an account and order isolate panels at no cost. All accounts and orders will be reviewed for approval prior to being shipped.
Register to Create an Account
Go to the Register page and fill in the information required. Please use your institution’s email address and phone landline, personal emails and cellphones are not accepted.
Once you register, your account will go to “Awaiting Approval” status. New accounts will be approved or rejected within 2 business days.
Note: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention does not directly or indirectly endorse any institution by approving an account or an order.
Place an Order
1. Go to All Isolate Panels or Isolate Search and add panel(s) to cart by clicking on the “Add Panel to Cart” button on the upper right side of the page. Once added, the website will prompt you to either continue browsing the site or check out, select the option that applies.
2. To check out, first review the contents of the cart and answer a set of questions about how the requested panels will be used. If you have ordered previously, your responses will be automatically populated with the responses from your most recent order.
3. Provide company and shipping information (please note that we do not ship to P.O. Boxes). Any modifications to the address information will be saved to your profile.
4. Click to submit and a confirmation page will be displayed. The confirmation page provides the order number, summary and links to forms required for order approval.
5. You will need to print, complete, sign and email the forms to the AR Isolate Bank custodians at ARbank@cdc.gov. Please use the order number on the subject line of the email.
CDC provides email notifications on the status of your order. Below are the different statuses an order will undergo:
- Awaiting Required Documents: Order has been submitted, but CDC has not yet received your required forms to process the order.
- Documents Verified: CDC has received and verified that all required documents are complete and signed.
- Order Verified: Information on the forms match the order request.
- Approved for Shipping: Order has been sent to laboratory to be fulfilled.
- Shipped: Order has been shipped, tracking number will be added to order information under your account.
- Delivered: Courier has marked this order as delivered.
Processing and Turnaround Times
Orders will be shipped within 10 business days of being approved*. To avoid delays in your order, please follow instructions outlined on the “Required Forms” menu and check the Questions & Answers page for additional information.
*shipping is contingent on available stock or may be delayed if there is a high demand
- These panels are the property of the CDC and are made available in collaboration with the FDA.
- Materials should not be reused for evaluation or development of other testing methods.
- Materials should not be redistributed.
- There is no cost for the panels, but requesters are required to pay shipping fees.
Searching Available Panels
You can browse through All Isolate Panels or search isolates by specific criteria.
The Isolate Search page returns individual isolate records, which when selected adds the entire panel to the cart. A given panel may only be added to the cart once per order. The isolate search is designed to identify records that match all specified criteria. If no results are found, then you will need to widen your search by reducing the number of criteria specified.
The AR Isolate Bank has one unique panel called Isolates with New or Novel Antibiotic Resistance. This panel is used to make new individual isolates available. Selecting this panel will allow you to choose and add to cart individual isolates within the panel.