What is PPE-Info?
The PPE-Info Database serves as a compendium of Federal regulations and consensus standards for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Standards information was compiled from the U.S. Government, American National Standards Institute (ANSI) accredited standard development organizations (SDOs), and International Organization for Standardization (ISO), when applicable nationally. Please note that there are 28 OSHA-approved occupational safety and health State Plans. State Plans are required to have standards and enforcement programs that are at least as effective as federal OSHA’s and may have different or more stringent standards related to PPE. More information about State Plans and their standards is available at: https://www.osha.gov/dcsp/osp/index.html
The purpose of the database is to provide standards developers, manufacturers, purchasers, and end users of PPE with a comprehensive tool which allows general or advanced criteria searches of relevant federal standards, associated product types, target occupational groups, basic conformity assessment specifications, accredited lab information and PPE selection guidance for selected exposures.
Potential Future Expansion
The future direction and functionality of the PPE-Info Database depends on its users. Below are a few concepts that stakeholders have generated, and we welcome new ideas as the database grows.
- Refining the application with assistance from stakeholders in the PPE community
- Completing/updating data by forming partnerships with Standards Development Organizations and work to increase automation of standard revisions
- Analyzing data using Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) code descriptors
- Developing information about PPE products that claim to comply with the regulations and standards in this database (both 3rd party certifications and 1st party declaration of conformance)
- Compiling information regarding conformity assessment activities (e.g. certification, testing, inspection, quality management) for PPE
- Provide PPE selection guidance for workers during an exposure response (e.g., Fentanyl)
In order to better serve the public, partners and stakeholders,
all comments and suggestions to improve this site are welcome.
Click here to provide feedback!
Please provide us with feedback so that we may improve PPE-Info in order to better serve you and the general public.Required Field
- Page last reviewed: July 30, 2021
- Page last updated: July 30, 2021
- Content source: