Workplace Violence Prevention for Nurses
About This Course
Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify institutional, environmental and policy risk factors for workplace violence;
- Recognize behavioral warning signs of violence in individuals;
- Employ communication and teamwork skills to prevent and manage violence;
- Identify appropriate resources to support injured nurses;
- Take steps to implement a comprehensive workplace violence prevention program.
Estimated time to complete this unit is 7 minutes.
- Page last reviewed:January 27, 2016
- Page last updated:August 12, 2013
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Division of Safety Research