"Standard Guide for Selection of Chemicals to Evaluate Protective Clothing Materials"
This guide establishes a recommended list of challenge chemicals to encourage those who evaluate chemical protective clothing to test a minimum number of chemicals in common. This list will simplify the comparison of data from different sources. This guide may also serve material developers or evaluators in screening candidate protective clothing materials.
A compendium of information or series of options that does not recommend a specific course of action: A guide increases the awareness of information and approaches in a given subject area.
All items of clothing and/or accessories (whether or not detachable) designed and manufactured to provide specific protection. This includes bullet-proof clothing, general protective clothing and full body ensembles that protect from cuts, radiation, temperature extremes, hot splashes from molten metals and other hot liquids, potential impacts from tools, machinery and materials and hazardous chemicals. Examples of body protection include laboratory coats, coveralls, vests, jackets, aprons, surgical gowns and full body suits
- Chemical protective clothing
33-2000 Fire Fighting and Prevention Workers
- 33-2010 Firefighters
ASTM F1052 - 14 - Standard Test Method for Pressure Testing Vapor Protective Suits
ASTM F1494 - 14 - Standard Terminology Relating to Protective Clothing
ASTM F2588 - 12(2020) - Standard Test Method for Man-In-Simulant Test (MIST) for Protective Ensembles
ASTM F739 - 12e1 - Standard Test Method for Permeation of Liquids and Gases through Protective Clothing Materials under Conditions of Continuous Contact
ASTM F903 - 18 - Standard Test Method for Resistance of Materials Used in Protective Clothing to Penetration by Liquids
The purpose of this guide is to provide a recommended list of both liquid and gaseous chemicals for evaluating protective clothing materials in testing programs. Please see the full standard for complete details.
- F739 Test Method for Permeation of Liquids and Gases through Protective Clothing Materials under Conditions of Continuous Contact
- F903 Test Method for Resistance of Materials Used in Protective Clothing to Penetration by Liquids
- F1052 Test Method for Pressure Testing Vapor Protective Suits
- F1494 Terminology Relating to Protective Clothing
- F2588 Test Method for Man-In-Simulant Test (MIST) for Protective Ensembles
- Page last reviewed: November 20, 2015
- Page last updated: November 20, 2015
- Content source: