Documents and Links
OIICS @ BLS
- OIICS at BLS.gov (pdf and Microsoft® Excel format)
OIICS version 2
- OIICS v2.01 manual (January 2012)
- Changes and clarifications in OIICS 2.01
- OIICS v2.01 code lists (raw data list in csv format; see data definitions for details)
- OIICS v2.0 manual (September 2010)
- Redesign changes in version 2
OIICS version 1
- OIICS v1.01 manual (September 2007)
- Changes and clarifications in OIICS v1.01
- OIICS v1.0 manual (December 1992)
- Updated BLS Occupational Injury and Illness Classification System (Northwood JM, Sygnatur EF, Windau JA, August 2012. Monthly Labor Review; p. 19-28).
- Using the BLS Occupational Injury and Illness Classification System as a Safety and Health Management Tool (Toscano G, Windau J, Drudi D, June 1996. Compensation and Working Conditions; p. 19-28).
OIICS Coded Data
Data sources with OIICS coding
- BLS Injuries, Illnesses, and Fatalities Program.
- BLS Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries (CFOI).
- BLS Survey of Occupational Injuries and Illnesses (SOII): Case characteristics for nonfatal work-related injuries and illnesses involving days away from work.
- NIOSH nonfatal work-related injuries and illnesses treated in U.S. hospital emergency departments.
- Page last reviewed:April 10, 2017
- Page last updated:April 10, 2017
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Division of Safety Research