Workplace Violence Prevention for Nurses
Ways to Use This Course
Although this course has been designed as a self-directed learning activity for nursing and healthcare staff, it can be used to support other educational modalities. For example:
- Use it as a central piece of your workplace violence prevention program to ensure that all staff, including administrative and support services, share a common understanding of the problem and program goals.
- Use the case studies as discussion starters during in-service group training sessions.
- Use the supplemental activities as group learning activities.
- Use the course, or individual units, as a slide deck for group presentations.
- Use it within the context of a nursing school curriculum.
- Use it toward meeting professional licensure and CEU requirements.
- Page last reviewed:January 27, 2016
- Page last updated:August 12, 2013
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Division of Safety Research