Pages in This Unit
- Nurses' Voices
- Learning Objectives
- Avoiding Crisis
- Stages of Crisis Development
- Early and Middle Stages: Verbal Skills
- Early and Middle Stages: Non-Verbal Skills
- Late Stage Interventions
- Late Stage: Setting Limits
- Power and Control Dynamics
- Crisis Interventions
- Check Your Understanding
- Supplemental Activities
Upon completion of this unit, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the stages of development along the crisis continuum.
- Recognize the behavioral characteristics associated with each stage of crisis development.
- Apply interventions appropriate to an individual's stage of crisis development to prevent them from escalating.
Estimated time to complete this unit is 15 minutes.