"Test method for resistance of chemical protective clothing materials to liquid permeation - permeation cup method"
This test method measures the barrier effectiveness of a specimen of protective clothing upon continuous contact with a liquid.
A definitive procedure that produces a test result: Examples of test methods include, but are not limited to: identification, measurement, and evaluation of one or more qualities, characteristics, or properties. A precision and bias statement shall be reported at the end of a test method.
All items of clothing and/or accessories (whether or not detachable) designed and manufactured to provide specific protection. This includes bullet-proof clothing, general protective clothing and full body ensembles that protect from cuts, radiation, temperature extremes, hot splashes from molten metals and other hot liquids, potential impacts from tools, machinery and materials and hazardous chemicals. Examples of body protection include laboratory coats, coveralls, vests, jackets, aprons, surgical gowns and full body suits
- Chemical protective clothing
ASTM F1001 - 12(2017) - Standard Guide for Selection of Chemicals to Evaluate Protective Clothing Materials
ASTM F739 - 12e1 - Standard Test Method for Permeation of Liquids and Gases through Protective Clothing Materials under Conditions of Continuous Contact
ASTM F903 - 18 - Standard Test Method for Resistance of Materials Used in Protective Clothing to Penetration by Liquids
This test method establishes a standard procedure for rapidly (in 1 h or less) determining the chemical resistance of specimens of protective clothing materials. This test method can be used to rank materials as to their suitability for use with liquids of known or unknown composition. Please see the full standard for details.
- D471 Test Method for Rubber Property—-Effect of Liquids
- D543 Practices for Evaluating the Resistance of Plastics to Chemical Reagents
- D751 Test Methods for Coated Fabrics
- E105 Practice for Probability Sampling of Materials
- F739 Test Method for Permeation of Liquids and Gases through Protective Clothing Materials under Conditions of Continuous Contact
- F903 Test Method for Resistance of Materials Used in Protective Clothing to Penetration by Liquids
- F1001 Guide for Selection of Chemicals to Evaluate Protective Clothing Materials
|ICS Laboratories, Inc - Brunswic, OH, 44212|
A2LA ISO/IEC 17025
Phone Number: (330) 220-0515
|Scope of Accreditation|
- Page last reviewed: November 20, 2015
- Page last updated: November 20, 2015
- Content source: