"American National Standard for Occupational and Educational Personal Eye and Face Protection Devices"
This standard sets forth criteria related to the general requirements, testing, permanent marking, selection, care, and use of protectors to minimize the occurrence and severity or prevention of injuries from such hazards as impact, non-ionizing radiation and liquid splash exposures in occupational and educational environments including, but not limited to, machinery operations, material welding and cutting, chemical handling, and assembly operations. Certain hazardous exposures are not covered in this standard. These include, but are not limited to: Bloodborne pathogens, X-rays, high energy particulate radiation, microwaves, radio-frequency radiation lasers, masers, and sports and recreation.
An explicit set of requirements to be satisfied by a material, product, system, or service: Examples of specifications include, but are not limited to, requirements for; physical, mechanical, or chemical properties, and safety, quality, or performance criteria. A specification identifies the test methods for determining whether each of the requirements is satisfied.
A definitive procedure that produces a test result: Examples of test methods include, but are not limited to: identification, measurement, and evaluation of one or more qualities, characteristics, or properties. A precision and bias statement shall be reported at the end of a test method.
Document, established by consensus that provides rules, guidelines or characteristics for activities or their results.
All equipment and/or accessories (whether or not detachable) designed and manufactured specifically to protect the eyes and/or the entire face (not including the top of the head). Exposure to the eye or face hazards from flying particles, molten metal, liquid chemicals, acids, or caustic liquids, chemical gasses, or vapors, potentially infected material or potentially harmful light radiation.
- Spectacles, faceshields, goggles, welding helmets
- Impact Hazard
- Chemical Reactions
ANSI/ISEA Z89.1-2014 (R2019) - American National Standard for Industrial Head Protection
29 CFR 1915.153 - Shipyard, eye and face protection
29 CFR 1926.102 - Construction, eye and face protection
29 CFR 1910.133 - Eye and face protection
Various test and inspection criteria are required as specified in the document.
- ANSI Z80.1-2005, American National Standard for Ophthalmics - Prescription Ophthalmic Lenses – Recommendations
- ANSI Z80.3-2008 American National Standard for Ophthalmics - Nonprescription Sunglasses and Fashion Eyewear – Requirements
- ANSI Z80.5-2004, American National Standard Requirements for Dress Ophthalmic Frames
- ASTM D1003-2000, Standard Test Method for Haze and Luminous Transmittance of Transparent Plastics
- EN 168:2001, European Standard – Personal eye protection – Non-optical test methods NBS Special Publication 374
- ANSI Z49.1-2005, American National Standard Safety in Welding and Cutting
- ANSI/ISEA Z89.1-2009, American National Standard for Industrial Head Protection
- ANSI Z136.1-2007, American National Standard for Safe Use of Lasers
- ASTM F803 – 03 Standard Specification for Eye Protectors for Selected Sports
- 29 CFR 1910.133 - Eye and Face Protection, OSHA General Industry Standards
- 29 CFR 1915.153 - Eye and Face Protection, OSHA Shipyard Standards
- 29 CFR 1926.102 - Eye and Face Protection, OSHA Construction Industry Standards
|ICS Laboratories, Inc - Brunswic, OH, 44212|
A2LA ISO/IEC 17025
Phone Number: (330) 220-0515
|Scope of Accreditation|
ANSI/ISEA Z87.1-2020 , ASTM F1446 - 20 , ASTM F1383 - 20 , ASTM F1407 - 12(2017) , ASTM F1670 / F1670M - 17a , ASTM F739 - 20 , ASTM F903 - 18
|Intertek - Cortland, NY, 13045|
Phone Number: (607) 753-6711
|Scope of Accreditation|
ANSI/ISEA Z87.1-2020 , ASTM F2412 - 18a , ASTM F1446 - 20 , ANSI/AAMI PB70:2012 , ASTM F1342 / F1342M - 05 (Reapproved 2022) , ASTM F1359 / F1359M - 22 , ASTM F1670 / F1670M - 17a , ASTM F1671 / F1671M - 22 , ASTM F1790 / F1790M - 15 (Reapproved 2021) , ASTM F2588 - 12(2020) , ASTM F739 - 20 , ANSI/AAMI PB70 - Class 3 , ASTM F2299 / F2299M - 03(2017) , ANSI/AAMI PB70 - Class 4 , ASTM F903 - 18 , ASTM F1862 / F1862M - 17 , ASTM F2100 - 21 , ASTM F2101 - 22
- Page last reviewed: January 27, 2023
- Page last updated: January 27, 2023
- Content source: