"Standard Test Method for Measuring Cut Resistance of Materials Used in Protective Clothing"
This test method assesses the cut resistance of a material when exposed to a cutting edge under specified loads. Data obtained from this test method can be used to compare the cut resistance of different materials.
A definitive procedure that produces a test result: Examples of test methods include, but are not limited to: identification, measurement, and evaluation of one or more qualities, characteristics, or properties. A precision and bias statement shall be reported at the end of a test method.
All items of clothing and/or accessories (whether or not detachable) designed and manufactured to provide specific protection. This includes bullet-proof clothing, general protective clothing and full body ensembles that protect from cuts, radiation, temperature extremes, hot splashes from molten metals and other hot liquids, potential impacts from tools, machinery and materials and hazardous chemicals. Examples of body protection include laboratory coats, coveralls, vests, jackets, aprons, surgical gowns and full body suits
- Physical protective clothing
33-9000 Other Protective Service Workers
- 33-9090 Protective Service Workers, Miscellaneous
ASTM F1494 - 14 - Standard Terminology Relating to Protective Clothing
ISO 13996:1999 - Protective clothing - Mechanical properties - Determination of resistance to puncture
ISO 13997:1999 - Protective clothing - Mechanical properties - Determination of resistance to cutting by sharp objects
This test method covers the measurement of the cut resistance of a material when mounted on a mandrel and subjected to a cutting edge under a specified load using the Cut Protection Performance (CPP) Tester. Please see the full standard for complete details.
- D123 Terminology Relating to Textiles
- D1000 Test Methods for Pressure-Sensitive Adhesive-Coated Tapes Used for Electrical and Electronic Applications
- D1776 Practice for Conditioning and Testing Textiles
- F1494 Terminology Relating to Protective Clothing
- ISO 13996 Protective Clothing--Mechanical Properties--Determination of Resistance to Puncture
- ISO 13997 Protective Clothing--Mechanical Properties--Determination of Resistance to Cutting by Sharp Objects
|Intertek - Cortland, NY, 13045|
Phone Number: (607) 753-6711
|Scope of Accreditation|
ANSI/ISEA Z87.1-2015 , ASTM F2412 - 18a , ASTM F1446 - 15b , ANSI/AAMI PB70 , ASTM F1342 / F1342M - 05(2013)e1 , ASTM F1359 / F1359M - 16a , ASTM F1670 / F1670M - 17a , ASTM F1671 / F1671M - 13 , ASTM F1790 / F1790M - 15 , ASTM F2588 - 12 , ASTM F739 - 12e1 , ASTM F903 - 18 , ASTM F1862 / F1862M - 17 , ASTM F2100 - 11(2018) , ASTM F2101 - 14 , ASTM F2299 / F2299M - 03(2017) , ANSI/AAMI PB70 - Class 4 , ANSI/AAMI PB70 - Class 3
- Page last reviewed: November 20, 2015
- Page last updated: November 20, 2015
- Content source: