"Standard Specification for Rubber Surgical Gloves"
This specification covers certain requirements for packaged sterile rubber surgical gloves used in conducting surgical procedures.
An explicit set of requirements to be satisfied by a material, product, system, or service: Examples of specifications include, but are not limited to, requirements for; physical, mechanical, or chemical properties, and safety, quality, or performance criteria. A specification identifies the test methods for determining whether each of the requirements is satisfied.
All equipment and/or accessories (whether or not detachable) designed and manufactured specifically to protect the arm and/or the hand this includes all garments protecting the hand or part of the hand, including gloves, fingerless gloves, mittens, garments protecting the fingers only or the palm only, etc. Potential hazards include skin absorption of harmful substances, chemical or thermal burns, electrical dangers, bruises, abrasions, cuts, punctures, fractures and amputations.
- Medical gloves
29-9000 Other Healthcare Practitioners and Technical Occupations
- 29-9010 Occupational Health and Safety Specialists and Technicians
ASTM D6124 - 06 (Reapproved) - Standard Test Method for Residual Powder on Medical Gloves
Set of requirements to be satisfied, please see the full standard for complete details.
- D412 Test Methods for Vulcanized Rubber and Thermoplastic Elastomers--Tension
- D573 Test Method for Rubber--Deterioration in an Air Oven
- D3767 Practice for Rubber--Measurement of Dimensions
- D5151 Test Method for Detection of Holes in Medical Gloves
- D5712 Test Method for Analysis of Aqueous Extractable Protein in Natural Rubber and Its Products Using the Modified Lowry Method
- D6124 Test Method for Residual Powder on Medical Gloves
- D6499 Test Method for The Immunological Measurement of Antigenic Protein in Natural Rubber and its Products Includes performance criteria.
ISO 2859 Sampling Procedures and Tables for Inspection by Attributes
- Page last reviewed: January 27, 2023
- Page last updated: January 27, 2023
- Content source: