"Standard Specification for poly(vinyl chloride) gloves for medical application"
This specification covers certain requirements for poly- (vinyl chloride) gloves used in conducting medical examinations and diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. It also covers poly(vinyl chloride) gloves used in handling contaminated medical material.
An explicit set of requirements to be satisfied by a material, product, system, or service: Examples of specifications include, but are not limited to, requirements for; physical, mechanical, or chemical properties, and safety, quality, or performance criteria. A specification identifies the test methods for determining whether each of the requirements is satisfied.
All equipment and/or accessories (whether or not detachable) designed and manufactured specifically to protect the arm and/or the hand this includes all garments protecting the hand or part of the hand, including gloves, fingerless gloves, mittens, garments protecting the fingers only or the palm only, etc. Potential hazards include skin absorption of harmful substances, chemical or thermal burns, electrical dangers, bruises, abrasions, cuts, punctures, fractures and amputations.
- Medical gloves
29-1000 Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners
- 29-1062 General Practitioners
The specification is intended as a referee procedure for evaluating the performance and safety of poly(vinyl chloride) examination gloves. Set of requirements to be satisfied, please see the full standard for complete details.
- D412 Test Methods for Vulcanized Rubber and Thermoplastic Elastomers—Tension
- D573 Test Method for Rubber—Deterioration in an Air Oven
- D3578 Specification for Rubber Examination Gloves
- D3767 Practice for Rubber—Measurement of Dimensions
- D5151 Test Method for Detection of Holes in Medical Gloves
- D6124 Test Method for Residual Powder on Medical Gloves
- ISO 2859 Sampling Procedures and Tables for Inspection by Attributes
- Page last reviewed: January 27, 2023
- Page last updated: January 27, 2023
- Content source: